Passionately Loving God, Genuinely Loving People
Our Vision and Calling
Since Pine Valley Church was founded, in 1996, our deepest desire has been to be the kind of church the Bible describes – a church of relevant teaching, intimate worship, loving friendships, and sincere care for those in need. In short, our desire is to have the kind of contagious Christianity that can influence and encourage our community and our world. Our Call at Pine Valley Church is to love God, and to magnify Him in all things. To love others into His kingdom, and make disciples of them.
Our Vision is to:
1. Know God.
“[I pray]…that you may know Him better [personally].” Eph 1:17
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you.’” Matthew 7:21-23 NIV
2. Find Freedom.
“[I pray]…that the eyes of your heart be enlightened [focused and clear].” Ephesians 1:17-18 NIV
“Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed.” James 5:16 NIV
3. Discover Purpose.
“[I pray]…that you may know the hope to which he has called you.” Ephesians 1:17-18 NIV
“We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us.” Romans 12:6 NIV
“All of you together are Christ’s body, and each of you is a part of it.” 1 Corinthians 12:27NLT
4.Make A Difference.
“[I pray]…“that you may grasp the immensity of this glorious way of life he has for his followers [in his holy people].” Ephesians 1:17-18 NIV
“This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.” John 15:8, 11 NIV
“God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another.” 1 Peter 4:10 NLT
At Pine Valley Church
- We believe that every person, Christian and non-Christian alike, is valuable to God and to His Kingdom. Because people are eternally valuable to God, they are to us as well. Responsible evangelism will always be our cause and ongoing discipleship will always be the core of the ministry. (Matt 18:14; Matt 25:45; 2 Peter 3:9)
- We believe that “doing church as a team” is God’s design for effective ministry. A Spirit-empowered serving with the willing hearted involvement of every person is vital to God’s plan being accomplished. (Eccl. 4:9-12; Psalm 133:1; Eph. 4:11-16; 1 Peter 2:4-9)
- We believe that a simple presentation of Jesus Christ in creative ways will impact and transform lives. Relating to our culture while remaining true to the Scriptures is a balance we will always keep. This allows us to present the Gospel in such a way that it reaches the heart. (1 Cor. 9:22-23; Acts 17:22-34)
- We believe every member should commit to a lifestyle of consistent spiritual growth with honest accountability. A genuine love for God is always of first priority. Every Christian should yearn for continual spiritual growth. Therefore, discipleship through small groups, accountability, and open honesty is critical to maturing in our faith. (Mark 12:29-31; Acts 2:44-47; 1 Peter 2:2; 1 Tim. 4:7-8; Prov 27:17)
- We believe that every member is a minister who has been given gifts to be discovered, developed, and deployed. We are a gift-based, volunteer driven church.Each believer will find his/her greatest joy and fulfillment when serving in his/her gifts and passion. Every believer is created for ministry, gifted for ministry, authorized for ministry, and needed for ministry. (Mark 10:45; Eph. 2:10; Rom. 12; 1 Cor 12:14-20)
- We believe that God is worthy of our very best. Therefore, a growing spirit of excellence should permeate every activity.Not perfection but excellence with consistent evaluation and willingness to improve for the sake of the Kingdom of God are distinctive of growing ministries. (Psalm 78:72; Dan 5:12; Col. 3:17; Ecc. 10:10)
- We believe that genuine love and caring relationships are key to the life of every endeavor. Refusing to give audience to a spirit of complaining, we will instead be courageous in solving every problem in a way that honors God and builds biblical character. We value healthy relationships by protecting the unity of the Spirit in our church. (James 1:2-3; 1 Peter 3:8-9; 1 Cor. 13:8; Rom. 16:17; Eph. 4:3)
- We believe the most effective evangelism happens through people inviting people. We believe that a life will reach a life. Each believer develops genuine relationships with friends and family and extends an invitation to them. Evangelism gets to be a normal natural lifestyle of winning others to Christ, one by one. (Prov. 11:30; John 1:43-45; John 4:28-30)