Children are our future! From newborn infants to fifth-graders, every child is important, welcomed and celebrated in our children’s ministry. Our heartfelt desire is to make sure all children know that God loves them. Our programs are designed to teach and bring children into age-appropriate worship where they can; 1) belong to the family of God, 2) grow in their relationship with Christ in a creative and engaging way, and 3) learn to serve and then go share Christ to their world.
We have childcare available every Sunday morning, during Adult Bible Study, from 8:30 to 9:15am. And also provide children’s services and childcare for infants through fifth-graders after the first song, Sunday mornings.
Your First Visit
Here’s what to expect when visiting Pine Valley for the first time.
First, find the area marked for NextGen check-ins. It’s on the north side of our building and we have a bright, colorful banner on the wall that looks like this…
Here is the process on Sunday mornings:
- Please enter the church from our north entry doors, or find your way to the north side of the building, 5 to 10 minutes before service begins.
- You will be greeted by our friendly NextGen staff, ready to help you log-in and get your parent/child stickers.
- Join the congregation with your whole family for the first worship song.
- Pastor Scott, or another staff member, will come up to greet everyone and dismiss and pray for kids going into our various age-specific classrooms.
- Nursery is in the south end of the building (for birth to 1-year olds), and the rest of the classrooms will be down the north hall. Our NextGen staff will be there to answer any questions and help direct you to the right classrooms.
Upon checking in for the first time, we will ask for the following personal information (NOTE: We value your privacy and will not share this information with anyone):
- parent/guardian name(s),
- child’s name,
- child’s birthdate,
- home address,
- phone number,
- and any special instructions (allergies, special needs) for your children.
How Check-Ins Work
Before Service: You can check-in your child at any kiosk. After finding your child’s name in the database, you and your child will be given matching name tags that are exclusive to your family and your visit. You child will need to wear the name tag portion while you hold on to the matching tag.
After Service: After the service is complete, you will return to your child’s room and show your tag in order for your child to be released back to you.
During Service: In the event that we need to contact you during the service, we will attempt to TXT you first. If that doesn’t reach you, we will send a team member or usher to find you in the sanctuary. We ask that you exit the sanctuary immediately and go to your child’s room. Ask an usher if you are unsure where to go.
Parent’s Viewing Room
Pine Valley offers childcare during service for infants. But we also have a Parent’s Viewing Room that is available at the northeast side of the sanctuary for mothers and fathers with infants. This room is reserved exclusively for parents with infants to enjoy the service in a more private and quiet environment.
Meet Our Children’s Pastor
For Margaret, children’s ministry is far more than just telling kids about Jesus. It is helping them to come into a personal relationship with Him and learn to follow Him. She is passionate about seeing the church come alongside and partner with parents to help kids connect with and be transformed by Jesus, and in turn, transform their world.
Contact Pastor Margaret Enns for more information about Kids Ministry at Pine Valley.
If you have further questions concerning Kids Ministry at Pine Valley or visiting Pine Valley Church with children, simply click the button below and get in touch with us!
Click here for information about our Wednesday evening After School Program.